Last Modified: October 13, 2021
Blackhall Americana, also referred to Blackhall, respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on any subsidiary website of Blackhall, and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any other company, affiliate or third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the website.
- Where we get information about you
- Whom we may share your information with
- How your personal information is kept safe
- How you can update or correct the information we have about you
- Privacy and security on websites
Consumer privacy statement
We do not sell or rent information about our users to others.
Where We Get Information About You
The information we get about you comes from different sources and may include:
- Information we collect through a Blackhall website, which includes, but is not limited to, usage details, IP addresses, cookies, web beacons and web bugs.
- Information that you give to us on quote requests or applications or other forms which may require some or all of the following: your name, email address, and telephone number.
- Information from your transactions with us our affiliated companies or our business partners. This includes products and services you have purchased from us or information about your payment history or claims.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as non-Blackhall owned business partners.
To conduct our business and offer you the products and services that you may want, we may share your information as allowed or required by law. We may share your information with our affiliates or third parties outside of Blackhall to service or market.
Working with these businesses allows us to provide you with a broader selection products and services from our companies. These businesses sign a contract with us to keep your information private and secure and to use it only for the services we request. If any sharing of your information requires us to give you the option to opt-out of or opt-in to the information sharing, we will provide you with this option.
Keeping Your Personal Information Safe
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Please note that the information you share in public areas of the website, such as comments, may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Accuracy of Your Information
If you need to update your information or if the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us.
You can also request a copy of the information that we have about you in our files to make sure it is correct. Within 30 business days of receiving your request, we will send you the information. We will advise you of any person or group to whom we have given the information during the last two years.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect personal information (for example, name and email address) on our web site only when you voluntarily provide it to us. Only your domain is recognized when you visit our website; your individual e-mail address is not.
Information Sharing and Use
If you only browse our web site and do not supply any information, you will not receive unsolicited email, telephone calls or other marketing materials from Blackhall as a result of your visit.
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this website to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Blackhall’s assets, in which case personal information held by Blackhall about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Blackhall, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Browsers & Security
In some instances we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL protects information as it crosses the Internet. You can tell if you are visiting a secure area by looking at the padlock symbol at the bottom of your browser screen. If it is “locked,” you have a secure session.
Links to Other Sites
Blackhall websites contain links to other web sites for informational or resource purposes. These other web sites are not under Blackhall’s direct control, and they may collect information about you that Blackhall does not. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked web sites.
Last Modified: October 13, 2021.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend any service we provide on the website in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the website, or the entire website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The entire contents of the website (including all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are owned by Blackhall or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You are permitted to use the website for your personal, non-commercial use only or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer, supplier or distributor of Blackhall. You must not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, download or store, or transmit any of the material on our site without the prior written consent of the Blackhall, except to:
- Store copies of such materials provided to you.
- Store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display
- Print a reasonable number of pages of the website for a permitted use.
You must not:
- Modify the digital copies of any materials.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices appearing on such materials.
You must not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of the website, access to the website or use of the website or any services or materials available through the website without obtaining a license to do so from Blackhall or its applicable licensor. If you wish to make any use of material on the website other than that set out above, please address your request to: email@example.com.
The Blackhall name, the terms, trademarks, logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Blackhall or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Blackhall. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local and international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- To exploit, harm or attempt to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Blackhall or a Blackhall employee, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Blackhall or users of the website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the website, the server on which the website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the website.
- Attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website.
The website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow you to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the website. All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that you own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant Blackhall and its affiliates the license granted above.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Blackhall, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to the website, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Blackhall, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Blackhall. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS BLACKHALL FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY BLACKHALL DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER BLACKHALL OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we can neither review all material before it is posted on the Website nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third parties. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, advertising or pyramid schemes.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Changes to the Website
We may update the website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. We may change the website at any time with or without notice. We may suspend access to the website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Links from the Website
Links to third-party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked site is not under Blackhall’s control, and Blackhall is not responsible for it.
Blackhall reserves the right to terminate a link to a third-party website at any time. The fact that Blackhall provides a link to a third-party website does not necessarily mean that Blackhall endorses, authorizes or sponsors that website, or that Blackhall is affiliated with the third-party website’s owners or sponsors.
The owner of the website is based in the United States. We provide this website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER BLACKHALL NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH BLACKHALL MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER BLACKHALL NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH BLACKHALL REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. BLACKHALL HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF BLACKHALL, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability